Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Happy House

I don't know this from first hand experience since I was too young to remember but whenever my grandpa's semi-truck was parked in the driveway at my grandparents house, I always used to say it was "a happy house."  I've seen pictures of it sitting there.  It was a cab-over something or other.  Considering what a car-guy I am, it's kinda strange that I don't know the brand.  I suppose I could ask my mom to dig the pictures out.  One day I will find out.  There's pictures somewhere that show it sitting there in the driveway.  I'm not sure if it was my early love for all things mechanical and mobile or if it was because I knew it meant grandpa was home and not on the road.  I'm guessing the former since I can't remember a time that I was there and grandpa wasn't.  But, we've already established that my memory isn't great.  Anyway, this post isn't about history; it's about now.  My house is a happy house again today.  Not that it isn't normally, but today it is because of a situation similar to that of my grandparents house back in the day.  Today, the Airstream is once again parked in front of my house.  It can be there for various reasons but today it's there in anticipation of a camping trip.  It's there to cool the fridge, for Andrea to stock it with clothes and food, and in general for easy access before we head out.  This happens every time before we go on a trip.  Since this is the first trip of the year, it's there a little ahead of leaving for the trip.  It is a happy house indeed.  Because the Airstream is parked in front of it.  Even the boys are happy about it; imagine that.


No comments:

Post a Comment