Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring Break, part 3

Our spring break trip ended with an Airstream rally, the TAC Amish Country rally in our home-area of Wooster, Ohio.  It was a weather shock when we arrived.  We had used our air conditioner the last night in VA, when we arrived in Wooster we found cold and windy weather.  I went from shorts and a T-shirt to needing my Carhartt...which I didn't have!  Nevertheless, we adapted and the rally turned out to be a success once again with new hosts in charge.  As you can see below, the kids had plenty of fun.  Daddy had lots of fun making pulled pork, too!  I love any pot-luck contribution where I can prepare it by sitting around for 6 hours socializing and drinking during its preparation.  This post is more pictures than words, but I love a good rally and pictures say so much more than words.

Colonial toys...whack the circle with a stick.  Hours of fun!


Even an SoB joined us!  Actually, I've seen him at more TAC rallies than some Airstream owners.

Yeah, there's Airstreams in this picture, but there's something much more important; and the wind that was "bothering" us most of the day made for a wonderful picture.

As with any good rally...people sitting in a circle and socializing

Another common rally sight; checking out everyone else's gear.

In case anyone was unsure of what goes on during the day at a rally (notice the smoker!)


The kids are still playing

And playing...

Me pulling my meat for everyone to eat (resist the urge to let your minds go into the gutter).

1 comment:

  1. A little behind on your posts but I have caught up now. By the way, when you tell someone not to put their mind in the gutter that is usually where it goes. Well... except innocent old me.

    ReplyDelete