Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The TAC Disney Rally

Probably the best part of the stay at Disney...the other Airstreamers, or at least those people camping with us even if not in an Airstream.  I've not been to a TAC rally yet that I didn't like.  The amazing thing, I think, is that no matter what the time of year, there's other kids there and someone's usually even planned food or activities for the kids.  This rally was no different.  During the meet and greet (no pictures, darn it!) there was a pack of kids running all over the place.  Ages ranged from about 4 to 11, I think, yet they all managed to play together.  The parents were left to enjoy the company of the other adults with the occasional shout-out just to know where one's kids were and the occasional collision in the dark which resulted in a crying kid for a few seconds.

The greatest unplanned happy hour that I've ever been to occurred at this rally.  It was on our "fort day" (a day which you stay at the fort instead of going to a park).  I had been out bike riding and socializing while Andrea and the kids took a nap.  I ran in to one rally-goer that was jones'n for a happy hour.  So, I went back to the 300 loop where a large portion of the TAC ralliers were and started knocking on doors.  The last one I got to was way ahead of me.  He had a full spread cooking including special considerations for the kids.  A quick post to the Airforums rally thread and a couple of direct emails and all of a sudden there's a line of TAC ralliers streaming in to the 300 loop on bikes and others walking from their camper already in the loop.  It was rather fun cooking by lantern and flashlight.  This event generated the only pictures I took of the rally, but I think they are some of the best pictures I took the entire time at Disney.  This is what it's all about.  This is what made Disney fun for me.  It made the whole trip worth it.  The pictures need no captions.





2 comments:

  1. Jason,
    did you the Shawn class in the "How to Photograph Nicki"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, when one photographs people in action, the subjects are often showing their back side. Andrea complains of the same effect quite often as I am usually walking at the back of the pack.

    ReplyDelete